This is a quick follow up to my Official Disney Princess Rankings. Here are all the Disney women ranked by simply how much I like them and a few words that come to my mind to describe them.
I added Anita and Giselle from Enchanted who is partly animated but is not on the photo below.
1. Belle- smart, thoughtful, compassionate and brave
2. Ariel- free spirit, not afraid to take risks, social butterfly, lots of friends, embraces new things, impetuous (changed that one guys!). I got to pick Ariel for #2 because I was basically her till I was 17 so I just relate to the girl. I was headstrong and impetuous, stubborn, didn’t like to be told what to do, but I also was quick to make friends and got done what I set my mind to do. Love that.
3. Nani- Yep, I know this is very high. But I love Nani. She is doing something so hard, raising her sister, and she keeps getting knocked down but doesn’t give up. I feel for her and love her spirit and devotion to ohana. She also surfs, dances and flirts- has a fun side. But she has a temper too and gets frustrated. She’s as close to a perfectly well-rounded, developed female character as Disney has created. She along with Giselle are the only Disney female characters who mother children (maybe Wendy?).
4. Cinderella- hard working, loyal, good friend, strong, kind, optimistic
5. Megura- Yep, bring on the comments. I love her sass. I love that she’s a little tough to figure out. She’s working with the enemy but a clear love interest, she’s funny, sarcastic but still a good perosn.
9. Giselle- The only princesses who actually does some mothering of a little girl and does it well (Nani is the only other female I can think of). Optimistic, positive, happy, loving, kind, funny, industrious, clever in her own way.
11. Jane- Timid around animals at first but gets over it, Nonjudgmental, kind, good teacher, humble, loving
12. Anita- you don’t get to know her that well but very pretty, affectionate to Perdy and the puppies, encouraging to Roger and his music, still nice to Cruella when she probably shouldn’t be. Just seems like a cool lady.
17. Snow White- optimistic, kind, positive, happy, whistles why she works
20. Pocahontas- loves nature, stands up to others, throws herself on John. But I don’t feel like she listens well and being older than Ariel she should take the counsel of those around her more seriously over strangers, resistant to change, and her choices do cause a death.
21. Kida- I liked Atlantis but Kida is kind of a mystical character without much personality. She’s a clue to her culture and interesting on that level but that’s about it. Plus, she dresses very immodestly. The other women in Atlantis are a lot more interesting IMO. And there is no chemistry between her and Milo
22. Eilonwy- is a princess for no reason for the story, totally blank and boring, Can’t think of one thing she gives to the story aside from telling Taran how to escape the castle. She may be very nice and have commendable qualities but the movie gives us none of that. (And I didn’t hate The Black Cauldron). Plus, not a fan of her voice actor. You could take her character out and the movie would be exactly the same.
Feel free to share your lists or to comment on mine. I really don’t detest any of them and can see value in them all. Great characters by a great studio, Disney! Did I miss anyone? I figured Wendy, Penny, Jenny were more girls than women or adolescents. If I included Elastigirl (which maybe I should?) she would be around #10).
Tomorrow we will do villains!!